Brief Therapy Model
Dr. Lois Nightingale endorses Brief Therapy, a therapeutic model focused on short-term therapy that aims at lasting results for individuals, couples, families, children and teens. At the Nightingale Center, in Yorba Linda, our goal is to empower you to solve the challenges disrupting your life now. We are focused on the solution, not the problem. Because the therapy our psychotherapists use is results oriented, the majority of our clients are in treatment between 6 and 12 sessions, usually beginning with weekly therapy sessions and then progressing to every other week appointments. This does not mean we discharge clients before they are ready. Everyone works at their own pace and some concerns are more complicated than others. If you have questions about your course of treatment, please feel free to ask Dr. Nightingale.
At The Nightingale Center we specialize in treating:
- Relationship/communication issues
- Behavioral problems in children and adolescents
- Grief therapy
- Divorce recovery
- Midlife reassessment
- Parenting skills
- Life transitions
- Postpartum issues
- Abusive (verbally and physically) relationships
- Eating disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
At the Nightingale Center we know that feeling out of control, ineffective, isolated, frustrated or even angry is common during major life stress.
Many life stresses may occur unexpectedly, such as:
- The ending (or potential ending) of a relationship.
- Children acting out
- Sibling rivalry
- Discovery of an addiction or affair
- Memories of childhood trauma
- Midlife reassessment
- Job loss/Salary decrease
- Job burn-out
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Complicated delivery
Some events are expected but stressful:
- New marriage
- Career/school changes
- Step children
- A birth
- An adoption
- A move
- A new job
We understand that difficulty in adjusting to any one of these changes may be painful and stressful to you and those you love.
Most of life’s obstacles can be resolved on your own, or with the help of friends and family. But, there are times when your regular resources seem inadequate. A qualified, experienced professional can offer a special kind of help.
At the Nightingale Center, we are experienced at helping you overcome the symptoms that can arise from these stresses, such as:
- Depression/Withdrawal from activities
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Changes in sleeping or eating patterns
- Outbursts of anger and frustration
- Self-medicating with alcohol/drugs/sex/food/shopping/gambling
- Relationship problems
- Feeling out of control
- A deep sense of dissatisfaction with life
- Not attaining the goals you set for yourself
- Conflict avoidance
- Poor concentration/memory impairment
You do not have to face life’s challenges alone.
To schedule an appointment please call 714-993-5343.
We do not provide immediate crisis intervention at this web site. If you are experiencing a life-threatening crisis please call 911 or go to your local emergency room for treatment and intervention.